" Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long." ~ Psalm 25:4-5

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Titus Tips

Over the last six months God has given me a deeper love for my husband than ever before. Through the Scriptures, He has shown me love is more than a word and my role as a wife is not to be taken lightly. Daily i'm faced with the reality that marriage was designed to depict the relationship between Christ and His church, and daily i'm faced with the reality that I do such a poor job modeling this in my own marriage, but by God's grace He continues to be patient with me; correcting me and leading me to repentance. What a loving God we serve.
To understand how to be the wives we are called to be, we must first understand that we cannot do this on our own. No Barnes & Noble self help book will be able to remove the sin that stands between us and God. We must look to the cross; to Jesus. Ephesians 2: 12 states, " Remember that you were at that time separated from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ." We were once alienated but now reconciled.
We must understand that we have nothing to bring to the table; there is no good in us. No matter what we do we cannot please an infinitely holy God. But Jesus did. Jesus lived the perfect life we were suppose live, but didn't. By dying on the cross, he took the punishment for our sin, at the same time crediting his perfect life to our account; by putting our faith in Jesus, we will have eternal life and will no longer be enslaved to sin.
The gospel must be our foundation; not only in being a Christ- honoring wife, but in every aspect of our life. Over the next several weeks (and hopefully months) I will be posting what I call, "Titus Tips" to encourage women toward godliness in their daily lives. I have by no means perfected this nor will I in this lifetime. My hope is that this will be edifying for all of us and above all, glorify our Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment